Monday, April 5, 2010

Wonder Woman!

This week my kids are home from school.  Spring break is here and that means I will have a house full of kids all week long.  I think I might have to pick one of the days to be a no friends in the house at all day just to keep myself sane.  Because when I say a house full of kids I mean at any given time there are anywhere between 10 to 20 kids at my house.  I am not complaining, I love it, really I do!  It's just that too much of a good thing is never a good thing ya know!


Anyway, I am quite proud today because I fixed my dryer all by myself!

It went out yesterday and when it happened I knew exactly what the problem was because about a month ago my sister called me and told me about her dryer woes.  I was so impressed because she had taken her whole dryer apart, starting with the backside, 3 times trying to get at the belt which was the problem.  When it happened I knew it was the belt, it had to be.  

Murphy's law is real!  (Back to my story)  

I skipped taking off the backside after remembering my sisters story and went for the front.  I removed the door, the front panel and took out the drum.  What a dusty mess!!!!  After vacuuming the whole thing, calling my sister twice, and printing out the page from the manual I needed, I fixed the belt!  Ta Da!!!  It was so easy!  

Then came the hard part.


Putting the darn thing back together was the challenge.  I will admit that I grunted a few times, said Dammit once, and probably had plumbers butt here and there.  But, I got it back together just in time to put a load of wet laundry in.  And guess what!  It works beautifully!


There is one thing I have to confess about this though.  I have two screws leftover that I found after I got the whole thing put back together.  I took the door and the front back off to check and make sure all of the holes that needed screws had them and they did.  I could not for the life of me see where they needed to go.  I just told myself that they probably came from under the dryer in all of the dust.  My husband says that if the dryer falls apart we will know where they were supposed to go.


Anyway, how was your day?

No comments:

Post a Comment