Friday, December 18, 2009

I am having a brain cramp. Too much writing. Too much reading.

I have read (actually quickly browsed and skipped through) about 4 books in 3 days. I couldn't really get into any of them. I don't know what it was that turned me off on all of them exactly. Maybe I just need to take some time off from reading. (And no, I don't normally try to read that many books in such a short time! They were just that bad!)

One of the books (it will remain unnamed) had the worst main character I have come across in a long time. It was written in first person style and the character sounded like a drone. Everything was ho hum. Even in parts that were supposed to be exciting had nothing there. The main character got his toes stepped on in a big way and he just acted like an Eeyore. It was infuriating actually. Maybe that was the point of the book and I just didn't get it.

Another one of the books was so sappy I was embarrassed. Maybe I am just too cynical.

On the other hand, I will tell you about a book that I read earlier in the week that I really enjoyed. It is called Enchanted Inc. by Shanna Swendson. It was a light, fun way to spend an afternoon. I liked it well enough that I will definitely read the sequels.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment