Tuesday, December 15, 2009

My guilty pleasures

During the Holiday season there are some things that I look forward to almost as much as Christmas morning. My girls also join with me in these little pleasures. My husband and son on the other hand just laugh at us, but leave us alone when it is the "time".

The things we love are.......

The kitschy Holiday movies.

It is almost embarrassing to admit to this, but we love them. The acting is usually pretty bad, the story lines are silly, but we try to catch as many as possible. Some of our all time favorites are Holiday In Handcuffs, The Christmas Card, The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year, The Holiday Switch, Santa Baby and Silver Bells.

I could keep going on and on, naming movie after movie. I would have to blush if I continued though because you would think that we did nothing else. Just keep in mind that all of this wonderfulness starts around Thanksgiving so we have plenty of time to get our movie fix. Our ritual is always the same. We make our popcorn, sit in front of the TV with the DVR ready to go and we are whisked away into another world.

We are always sad when it ends, but we look forward to the next year with anticipation.



No comments:

Post a Comment