Friday, June 25, 2010

Funny story....

My neighbor told me the best story about my 5 year old daughter the other day.  


My daughter and her best friend spied the neighbor's teenage daughter eating some oh so yummy starburst candies in her backyard.   The two little girls put their heads together and came up with a brilliant plan to share in the chewy, tangy bliss.  They knocked on the front door.

Neighbor: Hello girls!  How are you today?

Daughter: Our moms are making pie today.

Neighbor: That is great!  You are very lucky.

Daughter: Well, since my mom is making pie, she wonders if you have any starbursts that she could use. (blinking eyes and feigning pure innocence)

Neighbor: She needs starbursts for her pie?

Daughter: Yes, it's a starburst pie.

Neighbor:(laughing at this point) I don't think I have any starbursts, I'm sorry.


Daughter:  Yes you do.  I saw your girl eating some in the backyard.


Neighbor: Oh! (laughing even more) Well come in.  Let's go see.


They went to the backyard where the teenager was bathing in the sun only to find wrappers of starbursts that had been all eaten.


Neighbor: Well, it looks like we did have starbursts but they are all gone now.  Do you think your mom could use chocolate chip cookies for her pie instead? 


Daughter: (grinning ear to ear)  Yes!  That would work!


My neighbor gives the two little girls each a cookie and as the girls were walking away she overheard my daughter whisper to her friend "We are so sneaky!"




I love 5 year olds.

2 comments:

  1. hehe...this is so cute.

    I can remember doing this like this when i was little and thinking i was so clever!

    ReplyDelete