Friday, October 23, 2009

It is harder than you think...

I have learned through my little experiment at writing that it is much harder to do than you would think. Well at least harder than "I" thought it would be. You are probably smart enough to already have an inkling that sitting down to write a novel is exhausting, challenging and can keep you up at night.

The hardest thing for me is incorporating the dialogue along with the description of what is happening around the characters at the same time.

I hope I am explaining myself so you can understand.

It is also hard to figure out just how much detail to put in or what is not important enough to be mentioned. I had started writing every little detail, but I found that and I could describe someone eating their dinner for 3 pages. Which would really not be very interesting.

Anyway, the jury is still out on whether or not I should keep sharing what I have written with you.

I am just not sure.....

No comments:

Post a Comment